Expedition Analog/Digital Indiglo with i-Control-User Instructions

Early Electric (Balance Wheel) wathes, as well as early Quartz and Electronic designs. Include Digital Watches here if you wish also.
mapperboy
Monroe

Expedition Analog/Digital Indiglo with i-Control-User Instructions

Postby mapperboy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm posting the user instructions/manual that came with my Men's Expedition Indiglo (all metal stainless case and bracelet, circa 2005) because I could not find a copy of this anywhere on the web and the Timex Philippines call centre could not locate them either. Luckily I finally found the original box which by indicated that this watch much as been a special edition as it is labelled Timex 150. It was purchased in Canada at a Hudson's Bay store in 2005.
This watch differs from later editions of the Indiglo series as it has only two stems, one dedicated to setting the analog hands and the other dedicated to displaying and setting the digital display section located at the bottom of the dial.
I had put this watch in a drawer years ago because it developed a consistent time loss in the analog movement. The digital display was still keeping time with very good accuracy (to a few seconds a month) but trying to wear it daily and looing at the out of sync minute and seconds hands was unacceptable.
Good news is that after removing the quartz movement from the case (stem removals were a bit tricky, especially the single i-control digital control stem) and spraying the entire movement from several angles with a good electronic contact cleaner (Electrosolve, Zero Residue by MG Chemicals, Toronto Ontario) seems to have freed up whatever was slowing down the analog movement gear train. I resorted to electronic contact cleaner because I was informed by the local watch maker suppliers that due to very strict restrictions on shipping aerosol chemical in Canada that it is virtually impossible to obtain watch cleaning sprays such as Watch-Tech Pro Quick Quartz Watch Movement Cleaner as sold by Esslinger.
(trying desperately to attach photos and instructions files but forum software says 'file to large' and its a really small file so ???)

vintagetimex
Dorado 18K

Re: Expedition Analog/Digital Indiglo with i-Control-User Instructions

Postby vintagetimex » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Welcome to the forum. :)

First off, a small random number of your initial posts require to be hand moderated by one of the Mods as a simple anti spam measure, so these will appear a bit later than you might want - - there's timezone, personal stuff and distance factors involved. Also, the forum is NOT part of TIMEX, and is in fact run by volunteers but with the approval of the TIMEX group owners.

Untill you post these initial posts, the delay in approval can be a few minutes to a few hours. Now, I have to investigate your problem with the attachments, and get back to you ASAP, but it is now the weekend, and so bear with us till we find out and test the permissions.

Hope this helps a tad, don't be a stranger, keep on posting - - :D

vintagetimex
Dorado 18K

Re: Expedition Analog/Digital Indiglo with i-Control-User Instructions

Postby vintagetimex » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi again, Im posting this in general really to keep other members notified as well.

When you join you are in the "Newly Registered Group" and attachments are not allowed. Once you have made a few posts and they have been moderated you are auto-upgraded to the next group and then "Standard Features" apply and attachments are permitted. Again this restriction is short term like theneed for moderation.

Hope this explains the situation for you - - and the other members. :)

Return to “Electric & Electronic TIMEX”